According to the page created by the developers on Jul 24, 2013, these are the system requirements for that time to properly run Parallels Desktop on your Mac:
- Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- Minimum 2 GB of memory (4 GB of memory is recommended to run Windows 7 in a virtual machine or if your host OS is Lion)
- About 700 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
- About 15 GB of disk space for each virtual machine
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later.
Note: Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.x is not supported in this version of Parallels Desktop.
Note: Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is a 64-bit application.
To see them for yourself, access the following URL. Also, the latest version of Parallels Desktop is 13, and if you plan to use it, make sure to download it.