Sending SMS messages from Yahoo! Messenger is currently available for only a limited number of countries.
You can send an SMS to the following countries:
- United States: AT&T, Alltel, Nextel (including Sprint), Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile
- Canada: Rogers, Fido, Telus
- India: Vodaphone Essar, Airtel, Aircel, Spice, Escotel, Reliance, BPL, BSNL, IDEA, MTNL
- Indonesia: XL, Indosat, Hutch 3, Telkomsel, Mobile-8, Bakrie, Smart
- Malaysia: Celcom, DiGi, Maxis
- Philippines: Globe, Smart, Sun
- Thailand: AIS, DTAC
- Vietnam: Mobifone, Viettel, Vinaphone, S-Fone, EVN, Vietnamobile, Beeline
- Kuwait: Wataniya
- Pakistan: Mobilink
To send an SMS message, open the contact messaging window, then go to Actions > Send SMS message. Assign a phone number to that contact and send your message.
For more instructions, access the official website: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN1035.html