In order to replace the ink pads, please follow these steps :
- Make sure the power light is on and not flashing
- Open the printer cover
- Press the stop/maintenance button (looks like a triangle upside down) and the head will move in the replacing position and the power button will begin to flash.
- You should shake the new ink pads before installing
- Remove the yellow protection tape from the new cartridge
- Remove the old ink pad by squeezing the tab at the back and pull.
- Place the new ink pad in the same way you removed the other one just in the reversed action
- Close cover, and press the stop/maintenance button. The head will move to its right place.
After all this steps use Epson Status monitor and check the ink, levels and status. Print a test page to check if the printer is working properly.