Before installing fonts you need to make sure that those fonts meet the minimum requirements, such as:
- The format used is TrueType or OpenType.
- You need to have 4 variants of the files: regular, bold, bold italic, italic
- The file structure should look like this: [name]-Regular.ttf , [name]-Bold.ttf , [name]-Italic.ttf, [name]-BoldItalic.ttf
After you make sure they meet these requirements you need to take the following steps in order to use your custom fonts:
- Connect the Kindle to your PC;
- Use the computer and browse the content of the Kindle and create a folder in the root of the drive : fonts;
- Copy your files in that folder, following the structure given above;
- Start Calibre and go to Kindle Configuration > Modify Kindle Settings;
- From the Font Family, choose the fonts you need;
- Save the settings and wait for the device to reboot.
If you can't open a book, then the fonts installed are not compatible with the device and software and you should look for another version or other fonts.