You have to add the software to the exclusion list. Follow the instructions below to see how that can be done:
- Go to the "Settings" tab.
- Choose "Antivirus" from the Detailed Settings field.
- Under the "Scans and Risks" tab, scroll down to the bottom.
- Click the "Exclusions / Low Risks" section.
- Next to "Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR... etc." click on "Configure [+]".
- A window should pop up labeled "Real Time Exclusions".
- Select "Add" and browse to the Netgear installation folder. Select the whole folder.
- Be sure to check the box for "Include subfolders".
Accept the changes and apply them, then start the software and it should work.