The message refers to the fact that the software tries to install drivers that are not compatible with your version of Windows. The solution would be downloading a newer version of the software that has drivers compatible with the Windows installed on your computer rather than re-installing Windows.
By default, the latest version requires the following Windows versions to run properly:
- Microsoft Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008/2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2011/2008/2003
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008/2003
If you have an outdated version of the software, access the official website to download it: http://www.retrospect.com/en/products/win