First time here? Check out the FAQ!

Changing HDD structure.

0 votes
asked by about AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition
edited by

I have a PC with Windows 7 64bit and a 3TB HDD, but the system only sees 2 TB. Can I use Partition Assistant to change from MBR to CPT without partition or data loss?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by (309k points)

No, you can's use Partition Assistant to change the disk from MBR to GPT without losing data. A conversion will automatically wipe the whole space of the drive. Firstly, backup the data and the convert the drive to the GPT standard. To do this, connect the drive, then go to Start > Run > diskpart. Input List disk then select disk X where X is the number of the 3TB disk. after the disk has been selected, input convert GPT and wait for the operation to finish and that's it. Copy the data back and the disk will remain with the GPT system.

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register