SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and it's a TCP/IP protocol used in sending and receiving email. Many servers use this protocol as a base email system because it's simple, it's compatible with other web mail services and delivers email fast and accurate. If the server you are using is open to send emails then follow these steps to send email :
- Open Start > Run > Type Cmd and press Enter.
- Type **telnet smtp.cellcom.com 25 ** and press Enter
- Then use : HELO local.domain.com (where the domain is the one your are currently using and a reply should arrive something like: 250 mail.server.com Hello local.domain.name pleased to meet you)
- Enter your email address using : MAIL FROM: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the destination email using command : RCPT TO: email@example.com
- Then type DATA and press Enter then on the next line type SUBJECT: [sample subject] and type your message.
- Press . (dot) and then Enter to send your message.