I have encountered the same error the way i fixed it was by making sure the data format and regional settings are correct.
I originally had regional settings set to South africa and date settings set to YYYY/MM/DD and changed to DD/MM/YYYY
And regional settings to united kingdom's format and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
This is on a windows 10 Pro machine.
I did also change the programs comparability to windows 8 but i don't think it was necessary.
as far as i can tell its mainly the date format that causes the error.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at email@example.com