First time here? Check out the FAQ!

Converting a UFT file to a GED file?

0 votes
asked by
retagged by

How do I convert an old UFT file I created over 10 years ago to a GED file? I am currently using Family Tree Maker 2012 and would like to update my family's genealogy database with it.

Thank you very much!

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by (100k points)
edited by

Since I cannot test drive the software because it's commercial, I have tried to find information how you can achieve what you want. It seems that the application features an Import function that you can use to bring back data from the old software. Please use that function and locate your old file and import it. Upon successful importing, the application will give you extra configuration steps to properly adjust the data to your own pleasure.

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register