I don't think there is a term related to "best antivirus for PCs". This is too general because there are many available packed with great features. Of course, you can find an antivirus that might be called "the best one" based on reviews and tests. In some cases, those reviews and tests only apply for certain situations.
In my opinion, an antivirus can be qualified as best when it meets the following:
- it's running smoothly and doesn't have high resource consumption when I am at my PC doing my stuff
- fast scanning procedure in case something bad happens
- accurate virus removal without deteriorating other parts of my operating system.
- regular updates that actually improve performance.
- built-in tools that can replace Windows components like: Security Center, Firewall, built-in Windows Defender, etc.
You are the only one who can qualify an application as being the best for him, but here are the most common antivirus applications based on their grades, performance, reviews, number of users, etc.: http://software.informer.com/search/antivirus