That happens because the application wasn't developed to support Windows 10. I have checked the download page, and you can install it only on the supported versions of Windows, but not Windows 10. You can try a Compatibility mode, but that doesn't guarantee it will work normally.
However, there is another solution from the Community forum that is known to work:
1. Go to scanner and press the scan button
2. Select "Remote Scanner"
1. Go to bottom left of screen and click the windows logo.
2. Type the word "scan".
3. Click on the option that says "Scan Trusted Windows Store app"
4. Select correct "scanner" "source" and "filetype"
5. Press scan.
6. It will save into "My Pictures" under a folder called Scan