I had the same problem, and here is what I did:
1) Download Cache Fixer
2) up the space to the maximum.
3 Click the "Move to cache" button to move your cache memory and then get pissed off when it gives you the "unable to move cache" error.
4)Unisntall google play and try to download your ap from the android market before google play tries to reinstall or resync.
5)Get ragingly pissed when the game won't download and you are unable to reinstall google play and half the aps that you already had on your phone now start to not work.
6)Remove the back of your phone. Insert 4 M-80's in each corner. Secure tightly with duct tape. Put phone cover back on, (use duct tape to secure this as well as the bulge from the M-80's will prevent the back from "locking" into place.
7) Take a can of lighter fluid and EVENLY spread over phone until you achieve an even coating.
8) Place phone on ground in your driveway.
9)Light up a ciggarette. Smoke until about halfway finished.
10) Toss that bad boy anywhere near reasonable proximity to your phone, and enjoy the show.
11)Extinguish flames with your car tires by running it over in an even repetative motion.
12) Toss the remaining pieces in a bucket of water.
13) Call your phone provider and tell them aliens stole yer pickup and your phone was in it.
14) Go to the store, pay your deductible, get a new phone. Make sure THIS time, it's not a Samsung.
I KNOW IT'S ALOT OF STEPS, but it worked for me and seemed to be the most rational trouble shooting solution.